Palmyra Man Charged in Connection with Secretarys Rd. Incident
ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. (WVIR) - A Palmyra man is locked up after a single-car, hit-and-run crash in Albemarle County Monday.
Twenty-three-year-old Sean C. Garland faces several charges, including obstruction of justice and marijuana possession.
Police say Garland crashed a car in the 700 block of Secretarys Road Monday, October 28, and ran away. Officers arrested him after a short chase.
Garland also had four outstanding warrants for his arrest, including failure to appear in court. He is held without bond at Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail.
10/30/2019 Release from the Albemarle County Police Department:
ALBEMARLE COUNTY, VA - On Monday, October 28, Albemarle County Police Officers responded to the 700 block of Secretarys Road for a report of a single vehicle accident in which at least one person was seen running from the scene.
When officers arrived, they canvassed the area and made contact with a man walking through the woods near the scene of the accident. The man initially provided a false name and ran from the officer attempting to detain him. The man was captured after a short foot pursuit.
The man was ultimately identified as Sean Christopher Garland, a 23-year-old male from Palmyra, Virginia. A records search of Mr. Garland revealed four outstanding warrants for his arrest.
Garland was transported to the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail and was held with no bail. The investigation for the hit-and-run is ongoing.
- Capias for failure to appear in Charlottesville Traffic Court
- Surety’s capias and bailpiece release Charlottesville
- Capias for contempt fail to appear in Albemarle County Circuit Court
- Capias for fail to comply with OAR supervision Albemarle Juvenile and Domestic Court
- Possession of marijuana (18.2-250)
- Obstruction of Justice (18.2-460
- Providing false identification to law enforcement (19.2-82.1)