#16 JMU Men's Soccer Tops #14 Cal State Fullerton 1-0 in Overtime
JMU Athletics Media Release
HARRISONBURG, Va. –No. 16 James Madison men's soccer improved to 8-2-0 on the season defeating No. 14 Cal State Fullerton 1-0 in overtime on Wednesday.
Tyler Clegg collected his third goal of the season, while TJ Bush improved to 8-2-0 on the year.
Bush also collected his fifth shutout of the season, blanking Fullerton this evening.
JMU is a perfect 6-0-0 at Sentara Park and increased their winning streak to eight straight matches.
The Dukes outshot the Titans 18-7 on the night, as they compiled 9 shots on frame to Fullerton's one.
Manuel Ferriol found his six-match point streak come to an end, only taking five shots all night.
JMU improves to 2-0-0 against teams ranked in the top-15.
No. 14 Cal State Fullerton (8-1-1) – 0
No. 16 James Madison (8-2-0) – 1
94' – JMU – Tyler Clegg (3)
- JMU outshot the Titans 18-7 and 9-1 on frame in the match
- Tyler Clegg notched his third goal of the season and his second game winner of the year
- Manuel Ferriol found his six-match point streak come to an end this evening, recording just five shots
- The Dukes improve to 6-0-0 at Sentara Park this season
- TJ Bush improves to 8-2-0 on the year, record one save and collecting his fifth shutout of the season
- The Dukes have outscored their opponents 20-3 during the eight-match winning streak
WHAT HEAD COACH PAUL ZAZENSKI SAID
"A great result against a very good Cal State Fullerton team who came in undefeated. We defended at a very solid rate tonight and created lots of chances. It was great to be able to find a goal in overtime and find another shutout. We look forward to getting on the road for a bit and competing with a very good Northeastern team."
The Dukes will head north to take on the Northeastern Huskies in a CAA match. Kickoff is set for 5 p.m. from Brookline, Mass. and Parsons Field.