Charlottesville Activist, Writer Appointed to Governor's Advisory Board
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) - Charlottesville activist and writer Zyahna Bryant will complete her first year of studies at the University of Virginia while acting as an advisor to Governor Ralph Northam.
Bryant was appointed to the Virginia African-American Advisory Board on Friday. She, long with 20 others, will have the governor's ear regarding economic, professional, and educations links between the state and the African-American community.
RICHMOND—Governor Ralph Northam announced additional appointments to his Administration today.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Board for Professional and Occupational Regulation
- Ana Mitchell of Chesapeake, Director of Card Customer Experience, Capital One
Board of Directors of the Virginia Resources Authority
- Cynthia V. Bailey of Richmond, Attorney
Board of Trustees of the Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth
- Andrew Goodwin* of Takoma Park, Maryland, Financial Advisor, Morgan Stanley
- Patrick J. “Pat” Hughes of Richmond, Principal, Patrick Hughes Ltd.
- Robert Leek of Williamsburg, Chair, American Lung Association in Virginia, and Senior Physician Liaison, Sentara Healthcare
- Dr. Teresa Tyson* of Coeburn, Family Nurse Practitioner and Executive Director, The Health Wagon
Governor’s Substance Abuse Services Council
- Natale Christian, MA, LPC of Hampton, Executive Director, Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
Virginia African American Advisory Board
- Reverend Cozy Bailey of Dumfries, President, Prince William NAACP
- Xavier L. Beale of Smithfield, Vice President of Trades, Newport News Shipbuilding, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Gilbert T. Bland of Virginia Beach, President and CEO, Urban League of Hampton Roads [Mr. Bland will serve as Chair of the Virginia African American Advisory Board.]
- Larry D. Boone of Norfolk, Chief of Police, Norfolk Police Department
- Zyahna Bryant of Charlottesville, Student, University of Virginia
- Hope F. Cupit of Bedford, President and CEO, Southeast Rural Community Assistance Project, Inc.
- Keren Charles Dongo of Alexandria, State Director, Office of Senator Tim Kaine
- Dr. Ingrid Granberry Grant of Chesterfield, Lead Director of School Leadership and Director of Middle School Education, Henrico County Public Schools
- Dr. Cheryl Ivey Green of Chesterfield, Executive Minister, First Baptist Church of South Richmond
- Teri Helenese of Loudoun, Director, State-Federal Relations and Washington Representative, Office of the Governor of the United States Virgin Islands, and President, Belmont Ridge Middle School PTO
- Gaylene Kanoyton, Hampton, President, Celebrate Healthcare LLC
- Yvonne J. Lewis of Virginia Beach, Community and Social Activist
- Dr. Monica Motley of Danville, Founder and CEO, The Motley Consulting Group and Research Faculty, Virginia Tech Center for Public Health Practice and Research
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad of Suffolk, Independent Scholar
- Cameron D. Patterson of Farmville, Managing Director, Robert Russa Moton Museum
- Monica L. Reid of Alexandria, Director of Advocacy, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Yvette G. Robinson of Petersburg, Retired Professor of Agriculture, Virginia State University
- Van C. Wilson of Glen Allen, Associate Vice Chancellor, Virginia Community College System