Fourteen Student-Athletes Honored with Signing Ceremony at St. Anne's-Belfield
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) - St. Anne's-Belfield hosted a signing ceremony on Wednesday morning to honor fourteen students who will continue their athletic careers at the college level.
Of the fourteen honorees, eight of them were on the boys lacrosse team.
Notre Dame lacrosse signee Emmett Barger says, "It really just says a lot about the work ethic of the guys we have in my grade, just how passionate we are, and how much we care about the sport."
"It's really awesome," says Mary Washington lacrosse signee Noah Kurtz. "It's amazing to see all the talent we have in our grade, and it's just really cool."
UVa lacrosse signee Connor Shellenberger adds, "It's really cool. It's been a great four years with everyone, and I think everything we've accomplished, has shown all the hard work we put into it."
Joviah Winkey is headed to Christopher Newport to play basketball
"I'm so excited," says Winkey. "This has been something I've been looking forward to. CNU is a great school. I can't wait to be on campus, and be involved in the academics and athletics there. This is just a huge accomplishment for me."
Yndieah Kilby will play Division I softball at Hampton University.
"They definitely picked me up for my speed," says Kilby, "so I'm going to continue doing that, running the bases hard, and maybe play centerfield or shortstop."
Audrey Antesberger signed with Randolph College for volleyball.
Antesberger says, "I've been playing three sports this year. I did basketball, volleyball, and soccer. I was considering maybe talking to the head coach at Randolph to play basketball, but I decided that volleyball is where I really want to be. It's so positive, and everyone is so encouraging.
Alex Markopoulos focused on the academics. Now he's a Division I baseball player at Bucknell.
"My parents always told me, 'Academics First,'" says Markopoulos. "I actually got into the school academically, and they gave me the opportunity to play baseball, and I couldn't say 'No.'"
- Jovia Winkey - Christopher Newport University - Basketball
- Douglas Brooks - Denison University - Lacrosse
- Emmett Barger - University of Notre Dame - Lacrosse
- Audrey Antesberger - Randolph College - Volleyball
- Noah Kurtz - University of Mary Washington- Lacrosse
- Michael McGraw - Dickinson College - Lacrosse
- Dawson Dickerson - St. Ambrose University - Lacrosse
- Connor Shellenberger - University of Virginia - Lacrosse
- Trent Moran - Fairfield University - Lacrosse
- Santia McLaughlin - Liberty University - Field Hockey
- Yndieah Kilby - Hampton University - Softball
- Alex Markopoulos - Bucknell University - Baseball
- Thomas Harry - Dickinson College - Lacrosse
- Will Edelson - Grinnell College - Football