Chamber Foundation Graduates Its 35th Class from the Leadership Greater Augusta Program
04/30/2019 Release from the Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce Foundation:
Fishersville, April 30, 2019– Leadership Greater Augusta (LGA) is a 9-month intensive training program for emerging and existing leaders. LGA builds the needed skills, knowledge, motivation and vision to develop a stronger community.
Creating a space for leadership development since 1984, Leadership Greater Augusta has worked with over 500 professionals over the years to enhance the quality of leadership for organizations across our community.
The purpose of Leadership Greater Augusta is to advance positive, progressive and orderly business and
professional development in the Greater Augusta Region by achieving the following:
- Educate potential and existing business and community leaders through exposure to diverse realities,
personalities, and challenges in the community.
- Develop and enhance visionary leadership skills through in-depth training.
We are very excited to announce the LGA Graduating Class of 2019, who will officially graduate on Thursday, May 2, at Blue Ridge Community College in the Plecker Workforce Center at 12 p.m.:
- James Allen, Virginia Cast Stone
- Brooke Anderson, Converge Local
- Travis Armstrong, McKee Foods Corporation
- Kelly Burdick, American Shakespeare Center
- Jessica Dove, City National Bank
- Damon Frazier, DuPont Community Credit Union
- Jonathan Girotti, Dynamic Aviation
- Daniel Hansen, Balzer and Associates
- Cody Hartman, Eddie Edwards Signs
- Chris Hawley, Ball Advanced Aluminum Technologies
- Tatyana Malashiy, Ball Advanced Aluminum Technologies
- Paula Moore, Daikin Applied
- Stephanie Ramsey
- James Saunders, First Bank & Trust
- Lindsey Walsh, Mary Baldwin University
"LGA gave me a well-rounded experience to further develop my leadership skills, gain a deeper understanding of my community, and connect in a profound way with my fellow classmates. It's an experience I'll carry forward into my career and also my personal development" said Brooke Anderson, Converge Local, LGA Graduate, Class of 2019.
Another class member, Lindsey Walsh, Mary Baldwin University, said “participating in Leadership Greater Augusta helped me understand the scope of work my neighbors do every day. Whether we were visiting a farmer, learning about the diversity in our community, or diving into personal leadership styles, I always learned about a new process or resource I did not know existed before. While I would say I have grown personally throughout the experience, my greatest takeaway is the people I met in the class. I hope to continue working alongside my cohort to become a more engaged, informed, and active member of the area!”
The Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce Foundation is a 501(c)(3) support organization of the chamber serving
Staunton, Waynesboro and Augusta County with a mission focused on initiatives in the areas of education, workforce development, quality of life, and community development.