Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charlottesville Hosts 22nd Annual Rising Star Awards
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) - The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charlottesville hosted the twenty-second annual Arthur C. Greene Rising Star Awards at PVCC on Saturday.
The event honored juniors and seniors who create music, poetry and other forms of art. Executive director of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charlottesville, Rita Ralston, said the event aligned with the group's core purpose.
“Our mission is to create find and support programs that directly impact the health of children and youth. I can’t think of anything more than supporting a youngster and following their passion than doing this,” said Ralston.
NBC29's own Sharon Gregory is on the board of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charlottesville and emceed Saturday’s event.
2018 – 2019 Rising Stars:
- Bronwyn Beardsley - Theater
- Arina Bratkovska - Theater
- Mila Cesaretti - Theater
- Sahara Clemons - Drawing, Painting, 3D Mixed Media, and Graphic Design
- Sophia Colby - Music (Pianist) and Writing
- Mary Dwyer - Writing
- Sarah Garretson - Orchestra (Cello) and Chorus (Vocal Music)
- Moaysia Jackson - Theater and Music
- Tyasia Lindsay - Dance
- India Mawn - Fine Arts, Drawing, Painting, and Fiber Arts
- Tristan Rose - Theater and Choir
- Jonathan Swap - Ceramic Arts
- Astrid Weisand - Theater