Updated: Several Hells Angels Charged in Connection with Greenville Violence, Victim Stable
An alleged fight between rival motorcycle clubs sent two men to a hospital in Augusta County. Investigators say not a word was said before the violence started early Monday, Sept. 10.
AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. (WVIR) - UPDATE: 9/12/2018 - Investigators are being told the shooting victim is stable and alert.
An alleged fight between rival motorcycle clubs sent two men to a hospital in Augusta County.
Investigators say not a word was said before the violence started early Monday, September 10.
According to Sheriff Donald Smith, members of the Hells Angels from New York attacked two members of the Pagan's Motorcycle Club outside an inn on Route 11 around 3 a.m. Monday. One man was beaten, and a second man was shot.
"Both had been at a convention-type thing for the their clubs, and were just passing through the area, and they ended up meeting down in the Greenville area and this is the end result of it," said the sheriff. "It looks like that the Hells Angels were there first and then the Pagans just showed up to rent a room and it looks like the two just clashed. The one just attacked the other one."
The shooting victim is said to be in serious, but stable condition. The victim of the beating has been treated and released. Both men are from Virginia.
A total of seven Hells Angels have been arrested:
- Nathaniel A. Villaman, 27, of East Brunswick, New Jersey: malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony
- Andy Thongthawath, 27, of Queens, New York: possession of Schedule I or II drug, possession of a firearm while in possession of Schedule I or II drug
- Joseph Anthony Paturzo, 52, of the Bronx, New York: malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony
- Dominick J. Eadicicco, 48, of Staten Island, New Jersey: malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony
- Richard E. West, 52, of Baldwin, New York: malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony
- Buster Domingo 69, of South Ozone Park, New York: possession Schedule I or II drug, possession of a firearm while in possession of Schedule I or II drug
- Anthony Vincent Milan, 28, of East Elmhurst, New York: malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony
Members of the Staunton Police Department assisted in searching the motel. Authorities seized eight Harley Davidson motorcycles, as well as other items.
Editor's Note: The Augusta County Sheriff's Office released the names and mugshots of those arrested in the incident on Tuesday, September 11.
09/10/2018 Updated Release from the Augusta County Sheriff's Office:
During the early morning hours (approximately 0253) on Monday, September 10, 2018, the Augusta County Sheriff’s Office responded to a shooting at 3554 Lee Jackson Highway in the Greenville area.
When deputies arrived on location they found a male victim who had been shot and an additional male who was beaten.
Deputies secured the motel and established a perimeter around the motel.
Tactical teams from the Staunton Police Department and the ACSO executed a search warrant on three rooms. At that time seven members of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Gang [sic] were detained without incident and transported to the ACSO to be interviewed.
The Hells Angels are from the New York City area.
Five are being charged:
- Malicious wounding
- Use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Two of the Hells Angels were charged:
- Possession of meth
- Possession of a schedule 1 or 2 drug while in possession of a firearm
As a result of the search warrant numerous Hells Angels’ clothing, jewelry, and motorcycles were seized as part of the investigation.
Both victims are members of the Pagan Motor Cycle Gang [sic] in VA.
The suspects’ names charges, and mugshots will be released later this afternoon.
09/10/2018 Release from the Augusta County Sheriff's Office:
The Augusta County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an early morning shooting in Greenville, VA.
The preliminary investigation revealed that one man was shot, and another was assaulted. The shooting victim was transported to the hospital where he is undergoing surgery.
The male who was assaulted was also transported to the hospital to be treated for his injuries.
Seven men were detained at the scene, and the investigation is ongoing.
There is no current threat to the community.
As a precautionary measure, schools and a daycare in the area were notified of the incident.
Additional details will be released when they become available. No other information will be released at this time.
If anyone has any information about this incident, please contact the Augusta County Sheriff’s Office at 540-245-5333 or Crime Stoppers at 800-322-2017.