Jenna Dagenhart joined the NBC29 team in September 2014 after earning a master's degree at the Columbia Journalism School in New York City. Here she reported, anchored and helped produce the Columbia Nightly News broadcast. Jenna was also elected to be a class leader and runner up for the “Student of the Year" award.
Undergrad, Jenna studied Spanish, French and media studies at the University of Virginia... But some of her friends joke that she majored in extra-curricular activities. Jenna led international cooking classes, welcomed students as an Orientation Leader, reported for WUVA Media, was active in Greek life, and taught fitness classes. Since graduating she has stayed involved as a Class of 2013 Trustee.
Jenna launched her journalism career covering Latin America emerging markets for Bloomberg News in New York City, freelancing for the Manhattan Times, working as an ESPN runner during UVA sporting events, and interning with CBS “Evening News” in Washington, D.C.
Fast Facts: Jenna
- First TV Appearance: "Good Morning America" commercial
- Dream Interview: Katie Couric on being a wahoo
- Dream Job: International news correspondent or morning news co-host
- Favorite TV show: House of Cards
- Role Models: Wyatt Andrews, Margaret Brennan, Nelson Mandela
- Alma Mater: UVA... Wahoowa!
- Hometown: Manassas, Virginia
- Favorite Food: Sushi & Cupcakes
- Favorite Sports Team: Redskins (#HTTR !!)
- Favorite Musicians: DMB, the 1975, Michael Jackson
- Favorite Author: Michael Lewis
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Paris, France