Emails Detail Timeline Leading to Sullivan Ouster
Emails between University of Virginia Rector Helen Dragas and former Vice Rector Mark Kington have surfaced.
Some emails detail a push for online learning at UVA to cut costs, but they also provide a timeline on the ousting of President Teresa Sullivan.
- May 29th: The talk to meet with Sullivan began.
- May 31st: Details are received about a "strategic communications project" with a start price of $7,500.
- June 2nd: A draft announcement of Sullivan's resignation is tweaked.
- June 7th: Dragas asks to meet with Sullivan. Sullivan replies, "Is there anything you would like me to prepare?"
- June 8th: Sullivan is asked for her resignation at 5 p.m. At 8 p.m., Dragas and Kington meet with the Executive Vice President Michael Strine and UVA Provost John Simon.
- June 9th: Sullivan turns in her resignation.
- June 10th: Dragas formally announces Sullivan's resignation to the public.
- June 19th: Sullivan's amended employment agreement is made public.