Michigan State vs. Butler Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - November 17
Friday's contest at Jack Breslin Students Events Center has the Butler Bulldogs (3-0) going head to head against the Michigan State Spartans (1-2) at 6:30 PM ET (on November 17). Our computer prediction projects a close 71-70 win for Butler, so it should be a tight matchup.
According to our computer prediction, Butler should cover the point spread, which is listed at 10.5. The two sides are projected to eclipse the 138.5 total.
Michigan State vs. Butler Game Info & Odds
- Date: Friday, November 17, 2023
- Time: 6:30 PM ET
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Where: East Lansing, Michigan
- Venue: Jack Breslin Students Events Center
- Line: Michigan State -10.5
- Point Total: 138.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Michigan State -550, Butler +400
Place your bets on any college basketball matchup at BetMGM, and sign up with our link for a first-time deposit bonus!
Michigan State vs. Butler Score Prediction
- Prediction: Butler 71, Michigan State 70
Spread & Total Prediction for Michigan State vs. Butler
- Pick ATS: Butler (+10.5)
- Pick OU: Over (138.5)
Sportsbook Promo Codes
Bet on this or any college basketball matchup at BetMGM
Michigan State Performance Insights
- Michigan State was 191st in the country in points scored (70.9 per game) and 112th in points allowed (67.9) last season.
- On the boards, the Spartans were 156th in college basketball in rebounds (32.1 per game) last season. They were 123rd in rebounds allowed (30.3 per game).
- Last season Michigan State was ranked 70th in the country in assists with 14.6 per game.
- Last year, the Spartans were 182nd in the nation in 3-point makes (7.4 per game) and third-best in 3-point percentage (39.3%).
- Michigan State gave up 7.2 3-pointers per game and conceded 32.4% from beyond the arc last season, ranking 177th and 96th, respectively, in the nation.
- Michigan State attempted 33% percent of its shots from behind the 3-point line last season, and 28.7% of its made baskets are from there. Inside the 3-point line, it attempted 67% of its shots, with 71.3% of its makes coming from there.
Butler Performance Insights
- Offensively, Butler averaged 65.3 points per game (328th-ranked in college basketball) last season. It ceded 67.9 points per contest at the other end (112th-ranked).
- The Bulldogs averaged just 27.4 rebounds per game (second-worst in college basketball), and allowed 33.4 rebounds per contest (310th-ranked).
- Butler ranked 211th in college basketball with 12.6 assists per game.
- The Bulldogs were 113th in the country with 11.2 turnovers per game last season. Meanwhile, they ranked 165th with 12 forced turnovers per game.
- The Bulldogs ranked 274th in the country with 6.5 treys per game last season. Meanwhile, they ranked 259th with a 32.7% shooting percentage from three-point land.
- Butler ceded 6.3 threes per game (64th-ranked in college basketball) last season, while allowing a 32.1% three-point percentage (77th-ranked).
- Of the shots taken by Butler last season, 64.2% of them were two-pointers (73.2% of the team's made baskets) and 35.8% were threes (26.8%).
Rep your team with officially licensed college basketball gear! Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.