Braves vs. Marlins Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Miami Marlins (77-72) will look to finish off a sweep of a three-game series versus the Atlanta Braves (96-52), at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Braves will send Charlie Morton (14-11) to the mound, while Jesus Luzardo (9-9) will answer the bell for the Marlins.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Marlins Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 1:40 PM ET
- TV: BSFL
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Venue: LoanDepot park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Morton - ATL (14-11, 3.42 ERA) vs Luzardo - MIA (9-9, 3.99 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Marlins Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Marlins Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Marlins|
|Braves vs Marlins Odds|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Charlie Morton
- The Braves will hand the ball to Morton (14-11) for his 29th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, when he gave up four earned runs and allowed six hits in six innings against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 39-year-old has pitched in 28 games this season with a 3.42 ERA and 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .243.
- He has started 28 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 12 of them.
- Morton has made 24 starts of five or more innings in 28 chances this season, and averages 5.6 frames when he pitches.
- He has made 28 appearances and finished seven of them without allowing an earned run.
Charlie Morton vs. Marlins
- The Marlins are batting .257 this season, seventh in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .403 (19th in the league) with 153 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Marlins to go 7-for-44 with a double, a home run and an RBI in 12 2/3 innings this season.
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jesús Luzardo
- Luzardo (9-9 with a 3.99 ERA and 186 strikeouts in 160 1/3 innings pitched) goes for his 10th victory when he gets the start for the Marlins, his 30th of the season.
- The lefty last pitched on Monday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when he threw five innings, allowing six earned runs while giving up 10 hits.
- Over 29 games this season, the 25-year-old has a 3.99 ERA and 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .250 to opposing hitters.
- Luzardo has registered 15 quality starts this year.
- Luzardo is trying for his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.5 frames per start.
- In six of his appearances this season he has not allow an earned run.
- The 25-year-old's 3.99 ERA ranks 32nd, 1.260 WHIP ranks 34th, and 10.4 K/9 ranks eighth among qualifying pitchers this season.
Jesús Luzardo vs. Braves
- The opposing Braves offense has the best slugging percentage (.503) and ranks first in home runs hit (287) in all of MLB. They have a collective .275 batting average, and are first in the league with 1404 total hits and first in MLB play scoring 863 runs.
- In 5 2/3 innings over one appearance against the Braves this season, Luzardo has a 4.76 ERA and a 1.765 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .304.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.