Nationals vs. Brewers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Washington Nationals (65-82) take a three-game losing streak into a home contest versus the Milwaukee Brewers (82-64), at 8:10 PM ET on Friday.
The Brewers will give the nod to Wade Miley (7-4, 3.30 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 8 on the season, and the Nationals will turn to Jake Irvin (3-5, 4.28 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Nationals vs. Brewers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: BSWI
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Venue: American Family Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Miley - MIL (7-4, 3.30 ERA) vs Irvin - WSH (3-5, 4.28 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Nationals Injury Report|
|Brewers vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Brewers vs Nationals|
|Brewers vs Nationals Odds|
|Brewers vs Nationals Prediction|
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jake Irvin
- Irvin (3-5 with a 4.28 ERA and 92 strikeouts in 113 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Nationals, his 23rd of the season.
- The righty's most recent time out was on Saturday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he went six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up three hits.
- During 22 games this season, the 26-year-old has amassed a 4.28 ERA and 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .251 to opposing hitters.
- Irvin has recorded eight quality starts this season.
- Irvin will look to continue a six-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.1 frames per appearance).
- In two of his appearances this season he has not give up an earned run.
Jake Irvin vs. Brewers
- He meets a Brewers offense that ranks 18th in the league with 650 total runs scored while batting .238 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .380 slugging percentage (27th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 147 home runs (23rd in the league).
- In 5 1/3 innings over one appearance against the Brewers this season, Irvin has a 3.38 ERA and a 1.5 WHIP while his opponents are batting .273.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Wade Miley
- The Brewers' Miley (7-4) will make his 21st start of the season.
- The left-hander's last start was on Saturday, when he tossed 3 2/3 innings while giving up one earned run on one hit in a matchup with the New York Yankees.
- The 36-year-old has pitched to a 3.30 ERA this season with 5.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.9 walks per nine across 20 games.
- In 20 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in eight of them.
- Miley has 16 starts of five or more innings this season in 20 chances. He averages 5.2 innings per outing.
- In 20 appearances this season, he has finished five without allowing an earned run.
Wade Miley vs. Nationals
- The Nationals rank 21st in MLB with 631 runs scored this season. They have a .254 batting average this campaign with 135 home runs (29th in the league).
- The left-hander has faced the Nationals one time this season, allowing them to go 3-for-13 with a double and an RBI in four innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.