Braves vs. Phillies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 13
The Atlanta Braves (95-50) are looking for another big outing from a batter on a roll against the Philadelphia Phillies (79-66) on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET, at Citizens Bank Park. Matt Olson is currently on a two-game homer streak.
The Braves will call on Spencer Strider (16-5) versus the Phillies and Cristopher Sanchez (2-3).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Phillies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-PH
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Citizens Bank Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Strider - ATL (16-5, 3.89 ERA) vs Sanchez - PHI (2-3, 3.26 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Phillies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Phillies Player Props|
|Braves vs Phillies Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Phillies|
|Braves vs Phillies Odds|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Spencer Strider
- The Braves will send Strider (16-5) to the mound for his 29th start this season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 2 2/3 innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving up six earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in 28 games this season with a 3.89 ERA and 13.9 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .208.
- He has started 28 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 16 of them.
- In 28 starts, Strider has pitched through or past the fifth inning 25 times. He has a season average of 5.8 frames per outing.
- He has six appearances with no earned runs allowed in 28 chances this season.
Spencer Strider vs. Phillies
- The Phillies have scored 713 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB. They have 1290 hits, fifth in baseball, with 195 home runs (10th in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Phillies two times this season, allowing them to go 10-for-45 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI in 12 innings.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cristopher Sanchez
- Sanchez makes the start for the Phillies, his 16th of the season. He is 2-3 with a 3.26 ERA and 73 strikeouts over 80 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Friday, the lefty tossed five scoreless innings against the Miami Marlins while surrendering four hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.26, with 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings in 15 games this season. Opponents are hitting .231 against him.
- Sanchez is trying to record his seventh quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Sanchez is trying to record his 13th start of five or more innings this year in this game.
- In three of his 15 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.