Braves vs. Giants Probable Starting Pitchers Today - August 25
The Atlanta Braves (82-44) are looking for continued production from a batter on a hot streak against the San Francisco Giants (66-61) on Friday at 10:15 PM ET, at Oracle Park. Marcell Ozuna is currently on a three-game homer streak.
The Braves will look to Spencer Strider (14-4) versus the Giants and Logan Webb (9-9).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Giants Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, August 25, 2023
- Time: 10:15 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Venue: Oracle Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Strider - ATL (14-4, 3.63 ERA) vs Webb - SF (9-9, 3.51 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Giants Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Giants Player Props|
|Braves vs Giants Odds|
|Braves vs Giants Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Giants|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Spencer Strider
- Strider (14-4) will take to the mound for the Braves and make his 26th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, Aug. 18, when he allowed one hit in seven scoreless innings against the San Francisco Giants.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.63, a 4.93 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.080 in 25 games this season.
- He's looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Strider will look to finish five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- If he manages to end his start without allowing an earned run, he'd extend his streak of appearances with no earned runs to three.
Spencer Strider vs. Giants
- The Giants rank 22nd in MLB with 550 runs scored this season. They have a .239 batting average this campaign with 140 home runs (20th in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Giants one time this season, allowing them to go 1-for-21 in seven innings.
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Logan Webb
- The Giants are sending Webb (9-9) out to make his 27th start of the season as he tries for his 10th victory. He is 9-9 with a 3.51 ERA and 162 strikeouts through 169 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's last appearance came on Saturday against the Atlanta Braves, when he went six innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing nine hits.
- The 26-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.51, with 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings in 26 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .250 batting average against him.
- Webb has 17 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Webb will aim to pitch five or more innings for his sixth straight appearance. He's averaging 6.5 innings per outing.
- He has had two appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 26-year-old's 3.51 ERA ranks 17th, 1.095 WHIP ranks 10th, and 8.6 K/9 ranks 30th.
Logan Webb vs. Braves
- He will face off against a Braves team that is hitting .275 as a unit (first in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .500 (first in the league) with 240 total home runs (first in MLB play).
- Webb has pitched six innings, giving up four earned runs on nine hits while striking out five against the Braves this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.