Diamondbacks vs. Red Sox Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 27
Saturday's contest at Chase Field has the Arizona Diamondbacks (29-22) squaring off against the Boston Red Sox (27-24) at 7:15 PM ET (on May 27). Our computer prediction projects a close 6-4 win for the Diamondbacks, so expect a competitive matchup.
The Diamondbacks will give the ball to Zach Davies and the Red Sox will turn to Garrett Whitlock (1-2, 6.19 ERA).
Diamondbacks vs. Red Sox Game Info & Odds
- When: Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 7:15 PM ET
- Where: Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Diamondbacks vs. Red Sox Score Prediction
Our prediction for this game is Diamondbacks 6, Red Sox 5.
Total Prediction for Diamondbacks vs. Red Sox
- Total Prediction: Over 9 runs
Read More About This Game
Diamondbacks Performance Insights
- In five games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, the Diamondbacks have a record of 3-2.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Arizona and its opponents have failed to hit the over six times.
- The Diamondbacks have won one of their last three games against the spread.
- This season, the Diamondbacks have been favored 20 times and won 12, or 60%, of those games.
- Arizona has a record of 12-9 in games when sportsbooks favor them by at least -110 on the moneyline.
- The Diamondbacks have a 52.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Arizona is among the highest-scoring teams in the majors, ranking seventh with 259 total runs this season.
- The Diamondbacks have the 23rd-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (4.58).
Red Sox Performance Insights
- In six games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Red Sox have a record of 3-3.
- In its previous 10 games with a total, Boston and its opponents have combined to exceed the over/under on four occasions.
- The Red Sox have covered the runline in the one of their previous 10 games that had a set spread.
- The Red Sox have been victorious in 15, or 51.7%, of the 29 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Boston has been victorious 15 times in 29 chances when named as an underdog of at least -110 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Red Sox have a 52.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Boston scores the fourth-most runs in baseball (269 total, 5.3 per game).
- The Red Sox have the 25th-ranked ERA (4.76) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 21||@ Pirates||W 8-3||Merrill Kelly vs Roansy Contreras|
|May 22||@ Phillies||W 6-3||Tommy Henry vs Zack Wheeler|
|May 23||@ Phillies||W 4-3||Ryne Nelson vs Matt Strahm|
|May 24||@ Phillies||L 6-5||Zac Gallen vs Ranger Suárez|
|May 26||Red Sox||L 7-2||Brandon Pfaadt vs Chris Sale|
|May 27||Red Sox||-||Zach Davies vs Garrett Whitlock|
|May 28||Red Sox||-||Merrill Kelly vs Tanner Houck|
|May 29||Rockies||-||Tommy Henry vs Karl Kauffmann|
|May 30||Rockies||-||Ryne Nelson vs Kyle Freeland|
|May 31||Rockies||-||Zac Gallen vs Connor Seabold|
|June 1||Rockies||-||Brandon Pfaadt vs Chase Anderson|
Red Sox Schedule
|May 21||@ Padres||L 7-0||Corey Kluber vs Michael Wacha|
|May 22||@ Angels||L 2-1||Tanner Houck vs Jaime Barria|
|May 23||@ Angels||L 4-0||Brayan Bello vs Griffin Canning|
|May 24||@ Angels||L 7-3||James Paxton vs Tyler Anderson|
|May 26||@ Diamondbacks||W 7-2||Chris Sale vs Brandon Pfaadt|
|May 27||@ Diamondbacks||-||Garrett Whitlock vs Zach Davies|
|May 28||@ Diamondbacks||-||Tanner Houck vs Merrill Kelly|
|May 30||Reds||-||Brayan Bello vs Ben Lively|
|May 31||Reds||-||James Paxton vs Luke Weaver|
|June 1||Reds||-||Chris Sale vs Hunter Greene|
|June 2||Rays||-||Garrett Whitlock vs Tyler Glasnow|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.