Cubs vs. Reds Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 27
Saturday's game at Wrigley Field has the Chicago Cubs (22-28) taking on the Cincinnati Reds (22-29) at 7:15 PM ET (on May 27). Our computer prediction projects a narrow 6-5 victory for the Cubs, so expect a competitive matchup.
The Cubs will give the nod to Jameson Taillon (0-3, 7.76 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 1 on the season, and the Reds will counter with Brandon Williamson.
Cubs vs. Reds Game Info & Odds
- When: Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 7:15 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Cubs vs. Reds Score Prediction
Our prediction for this contest is Cubs 6, Reds 5.
Total Prediction for Cubs vs. Reds
- Total Prediction: Over 8.5 runs
Discover More About This Game
Cubs Performance Insights
- The Cubs have played as the favorite in four of their past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Chicago and its opponents have failed to hit the over twice.
- The Cubs have a record of 1-2-0 ATS over their last 10 games.
- This season, the Cubs have won 12 out of the 25 games, or 48%, in which they've been favored.
- This season Chicago has won two of its five games when favored by at least -175 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Cubs, based on the moneyline, is 63.6%.
- Chicago has scored the 13th-most runs in the majors this season with 232 (4.6 per game).
- The Cubs' 4.16 team ERA ranks 15th among all league pitching staffs.
Reds Performance Insights
- The Reds have played as the underdog in 10 of their past 10 games and have gone 4-6 in those contests.
- In its last 10 games with an over/under, Cincinnati and its opponents have combined to eclipse the total six times.
- The Reds have covered the runline in the one of their previous 10 games that had a set spread.
- The Reds have been victorious in 15, or 39.5%, of the 38 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Cincinnati has a win-loss record of 5-8 when favored by +145 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Reds have a 40.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- The offense for Cincinnati is the No. 18 offense in the majors, scoring 4.4 runs per game (226 total runs).
- The Reds have pitched to a 4.90 ERA this season, which ranks 27th in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 21||@ Phillies||L 2-1||Justin Steele vs Taijuan Walker|
|May 23||Mets||W 7-2||Drew Smyly vs Tylor Megill|
|May 24||Mets||W 4-2||Marcus Stroman vs Kodai Senga|
|May 25||Mets||L 10-1||Kyle Hendricks vs Carlos Carrasco|
|May 26||Reds||L 9-0||Justin Steele vs Hunter Greene|
|May 27||Reds||-||Jameson Taillon vs Brandon Williamson|
|May 28||Reds||-||Drew Smyly vs Graham Ashcraft|
|May 29||Rays||-||Marcus Stroman vs Shane McClanahan|
|May 30||Rays||-||Kyle Hendricks vs Zach Eflin|
|May 31||Rays||-||Justin Steele vs TBA|
|June 2||@ Padres||-||Jameson Taillon vs Michael Wacha|
|May 22||Cardinals||W 6-5||Brandon Williamson vs Jordan Montgomery|
|May 23||Cardinals||L 8-5||Graham Ashcraft vs Adam Wainwright|
|May 24||Cardinals||W 10-3||Ben Lively vs Steven Matz|
|May 25||Cardinals||L 2-1||Luke Weaver vs Miles Mikolas|
|May 26||@ Cubs||W 9-0||Hunter Greene vs Justin Steele|
|May 27||@ Cubs||-||Brandon Williamson vs Jameson Taillon|
|May 28||@ Cubs||-||Graham Ashcraft vs Drew Smyly|
|May 30||@ Red Sox||-||Ben Lively vs Brayan Bello|
|May 31||@ Red Sox||-||Luke Weaver vs James Paxton|
|June 1||@ Red Sox||-||Hunter Greene vs Chris Sale|
|June 2||Brewers||-||Brandon Williamson vs Corbin Burnes|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.