Nationals vs. Padres Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 23
Published: May. 23, 2023 at 1:44 PM EDT|Updated: May. 23, 2023 at 6:41 PM EDT
Tuesday's contest at Nationals Park has the Washington Nationals (20-27) taking on the San Diego Padres (21-26) at 7:05 PM ET (on May 23). Our computer prediction projects a narrow 5-3 victory for the Nationals, so expect a tight matchup.
The Padres will give the nod to Yu Darvish (2-3) versus the Nationals and MacKenzie Gore (3-3).
Nationals vs. Padres Game Info & Odds
- When: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN2
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Nationals vs. Padres Score Prediction
Our prediction for this game is Nationals 5, Padres 4.
Total Prediction for Nationals vs. Padres
- Total Prediction: Under 8 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Discover More About This Game
|Nationals Injury Report|
|Padres vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Padres vs Nationals Player Props|
|Padres vs Nationals Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Padres vs Nationals|
|Padres vs Nationals Odds|
Nationals Performance Insights
- In seven games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Nationals have a record of 2-5.
- In its previous 10 games with a total, Washington and its opponents have combined to exceed the over/under on six occasions.
- The previous 10 Nationals matchups have not had a spread posted by oddsmakers.
- The Nationals have been victorious in 17, or 39.5%, of the 43 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Washington has been victorious 12 times in 27 chances when named as an underdog of at least +130 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Nationals have a 43.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Averaging 4.1 runs per game (193 total), Washington is the 24th-highest scoring team in baseball.
- The Nationals have the 19th-ranked ERA (4.35) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 17||@ Marlins||L 4-3||MacKenzie Gore vs Edward Cabrera|
|May 18||@ Marlins||L 5-3||Trevor Williams vs Eury Pérez|
|May 19||Tigers||L 8-6||Jake Irvin vs Matthew Boyd|
|May 20||Tigers||W 5-2||Patrick Corbin vs Alex Faedo|
|May 21||Tigers||W 6-4||Josiah Gray vs Joey Wentz|
|May 23||Padres||-||MacKenzie Gore vs Yu Darvish|
|May 24||Padres||-||Trevor Williams vs Ryan Weathers|
|May 25||Padres||-||Jake Irvin vs Blake Snell|
|May 26||@ Royals||-||Patrick Corbin vs Jordan Lyles|
|May 27||@ Royals||-||Josiah Gray vs TBA|
|May 28||@ Royals||-||MacKenzie Gore vs Brady Singer|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.