Nationals vs. Tigers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
The Washington Nationals (19-27) and Detroit Tigers (20-23) play a rubber match on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET, with the series deadlocked at 1-1.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Nationals will send Josiah Gray (3-5) to the mound, while Joey Wentz (1-3) will answer the bell for the Tigers.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Nationals vs. Tigers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 1:35 PM ET
- TV: MASN2
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Venue: Nationals Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gray - WSH (3-5, 2.73 ERA) vs Wentz - DET (1-3, 6.38 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Nationals Injury Report|
|Nationals vs Tigers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Nationals vs Tigers Player Props|
|Nationals vs Tigers Prediction|
|How to Watch Nationals vs Tigers|
|Nationals vs Tigers Odds|
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Josiah Gray
- The Nationals' Gray (3-5) will make his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw seven innings against the Miami Marlins, giving up one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 2.73, a 2.05 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.348 in nine games this season.
- He's looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Gray has pitched five or more innings in nine straight games and will look to extend that streak.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Joey Wentz
- Wentz (1-3) takes the mound first for the Tigers in his ninth start of the season. He has a 6.38 ERA in 36 2/3 innings pitched, with 30 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the left-hander tossed 2 2/3 innings against the Seattle Mariners, giving up three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In eight games this season, the 25-year-old has an ERA of 6.38, with 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .269 against him.
- So far this year, Wentz has not registered a quality start.
- Wentz enters this game with five outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.