A roundup of the week's most newsworthy health industry press releases from PR Newswire, including new apps for cancer patients and those suffering from chronic pain.
NEW YORK, April 7, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Playing it Safe with Egg Safety
Harmful Salmonella bacteria can be found on both the outside and inside of eggs that look perfectly normal. Protect yourself and your family by following these food safety tips to prevent food poisoning.
- Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drug Company Collaborates with Zócalo Health to Lower Prescription Drugs Costs for the Latino Community
All users of Zócalo Health will have access to Cost Plus Drugs' prescriptions through membership packages or one-time urgent care visits.
- Groundbreaking Surgo Health Study Published in The Lancet is First to Link U.S. Maternal Health Outcomes to Community-Level Vulnerabilities
The data reveals even Black mothers living in the least vulnerable communities are at significantly higher risk of poor outcomes compared to White mothers living in the most disadvantaged areas.
- SNOO is Granted FDA De Novo Approval For Keeping Sleeping Babies Safely Positioned on the Back
In the 1990s, doctors discovered that sleeping on the back dramatically reduced the incidence of SUID. Today, it is one of the key safe sleep recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- 5 Point App Launches an Innovative Cancer Self-Care Application
The app integrates the power of technology with the ancient practice of acupressure to help cancer patients and survivors manage fatigue and sleep disturbances.
- Ready to Get Moving? Million Mile Month Kicks Off April 1
HealthCode's Million Mile Month is a virtual local-to-global wellness challenge in which participants track physical activity – from walking to dancing to yoga to gardening – with a goal of reaching 1 million miles collectively as a global community in the month of April.
- Teletherapy Leader and Student Affairs Organization Seek to Improve Student Mental Health
Recent survey data from Uwill and NASPA shows a continued decline in student mental health, with 72% of student affairs and counseling leadership saying the overall trajectory of campus mental health worsened during the past year.
- Scientists at Brown University Release New Pain Management App
The SOMA app helps people with acute and chronic pain monitor and track patterns in their mood, pain and daily activities — including which activities affect their pain in positive or negative ways. Using data from the free app, Carney scientists are working on treatments that can be delivered through the app and will be tested in clinical trials.
- Whipshots™ and BuzzBallz® Announce "Whip the Ballz" Campaign Supporting Testicular Cancer Awareness Month
The campaign will educate consumers on the leading cancer in men and donate to the Testicular Cancer Awareness Foundation.
- During Oral Cancer Awareness Month, AANA Emphasizes Access to Safe Dental Anesthesia Care
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month, and the American Association of Nurse Anesthesiology (AANA) reminds the public that the best prevention of oral health is early detection. Also, of critical importance is ensuring patients have access to safe anesthesia care when treatments including surgery are used for oral cancer.
- Beverly Hills MD Dermal Repair Complex is One of the Best Tools for Summertime Skin Protection
Dermal Repair Complex is a dietary beauty supplement that can help minimize the appearance of wrinkles and visible sagging. It is designed to minimize visible signs of aging through age-fighting nutrients and scientifically backed ingredients.
Read more of the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View original content to download multimedia:
SOURCE PR Newswire