Majority of Quaker Run Fire contained in Madison County
MADISON COUNTY, Va. (WVIR) - Officials say more than 60% of the Quaker Run Fire in Madison County is under control, due in part to containment lines put in place by firefighters.
“As we downsize the crews here, that’s a sign that the fire is contained and we’re ready to move to the next phase,” Public Information Officer Madison Heiser said Wednesday, November 15.
The next steps include putting out burning debris, as well as repairing trails in the Shenandoah National Park.
“Get the area repaired and safe for people to visit again,” Heiser said.
- Quaker Run Fire Update
- Va. Nat’l. Guard joins effort to contain Quaker Run Fire
- Madison County releases statement about wildfire
- Wildfire spreads into Shenandoah National Park
- Helicopters called in to help contain Madison County wildfire
- Virginia Dept. of Forestry responding to wildfire in Madison County
Do you have a story idea? Send us your news tip here.
Copyright 2023 WVIR. All rights reserved.