JABA program helping to feed seniors as SNAP benefits dwindle
ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. (WVIR) - The Jefferson Area Board for Aging is stepping in as SNAP benefits are being reduced across the commonwealth.
Seniors can call JABA at (434) 817-5244 to select what food they want delivered to their door. It’s designed to offset growing inflation burdens while government money from the coronavirus pandemic dwindles.
“You are eligible to receive both SNAP and home delivered meals, and that’s very important for people to recognize. Some individuals do have criteria that they have to meet, so aging service coordinators will definitely meet with them to determine their eligibility,” Sheri Lutz with JABA said.
This is for seniors over 60 and those with disabilities.
- Charlottesville-area food pantries ready to help as emergency SNAP benefits end
- End of emergency SNAP benefits worry Delegate Hudson
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry seeing higher demand as emergency SNAP benefits end
- Loaves & Fishes working to feed those in need this holiday season
- Loaves & Fishes says donations are needed year round, not just at the holidays
- Loaves & Fishes special food distribution event draws large lines
- Albemarle working on resource list for SNAP recipients
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry requesting donations
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry reports recent decrease in demand
Do you have a story idea? Send us your news tip here.
Copyright 2023 WVIR. All rights reserved.