Pork Chile Verde
From Chef Jimmy of Don Ho's Island Grill in Hawaii
- 2 lb. pork butt (cubed)
- 2 TBS Salad oil
- 1 large onion (halved and sliced thin)
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 tsp. crushed red peppers
- 12 oz. can green chili (diced)
- 1 TBS Oregano
- 2-1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Sour cream & cilantro (garnish)
- Brown pork in oil.
- Add onion, garlic, red peppers and green chili. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add oregano, water, and salt to taste.
- Simmer until pork is tender- -about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and fresh cilantro sprig.
Share a RecipeShare your recipes with food lovers across the country! Simply submit the form below and enjoy our fantastic recipe index.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.