Internet Quick FactsPosted: Updated:
Internet Quick Facts
"A significant part of the distribution of goods and services in this country is going to move from conventional channels to some sort of Internet system -- whether it's retail goods or services." -- Alan Greenspan, Federal Reserve ChairmanDid you know .....
- 56% of the U.S. population, almost 154 million people, accessed the Internet in November 2000 -- a 30% increase from the previous year. (Nielsen/NetRatings)
- 333.5 million e-mail accounts in the U.S. as of March, 2001. In 1998, there were 77 million accounts. (Messaging Online: Jupiter Communications)
- 46% of American workers who surf the Net use it on the job for personal reasons. (Angus Reid Group)
- 44 million Americans watch TV while surfing the Web. (Dataquest, June 2000)
- By the 4th quarter of 2000, 68 million Internet users in the U.S. had purchased something online (up from 53 million in 1999) -- representing 55% of all Internet users (Boston Consulting Group, March 2001)
No medium has grown as fast as the Internet. It took radio 38 years to reach 50 million users. It took broadcast television 13 years and cable television 10 years. It has taken the Internet less than 5 years to reach that mark.
Isn't it time to take advantage of this incredible media? Advertise your business on this site and discover a powerful way to reach new customers and strengthen your relationship with current customers.
The Internet Audience You Want
According to ZDNet:
- Your average Internet user is 39 years old (and rising)
- 38 percent hold a college degree -- This demographic is decreasing.
- The fastest-growing segment of Web newbies isAmericans over 55 years old with working-class incomes and middlebrow tastes.
These potential customers are directly targeted with your online marketing message. Your business will benefit from the incredible traffic generating ability of this site.
Internet advertising is Targetable, Trackable, Flexible and Interactive, One on one 24/7.
"What do I want, When do I want it, Where do I want it"
The Power of Internet and Television
The powerful reach of television combined with with the targeted, interactive nature of the Internet, delivers a powerful "1-2 punch" that no other local media can match. Our site drives viewers to the latest news, weather, sports and consumer information.
Our site offers local advertisers the opportunity to reach a targeted, local audience with integrated on-air/online campaigns. We possess an unmatched power of promotion, driving viewers from on-air to online and back again.
Why Advertise Locally Online?
Who better to deliver a local audience than a trusted local brand? 74% of users go online for News, Weather and Sports information. Over half of all online users look for local information. Local content drives the Internet. What our web site has to offer your business:
- Power of TV promotion.
- Dominant local site
- Association with highly trusted local brand
- The ability to reach your target audience 24/7.
- Gather consumer information through targeted e-mail programs and online contests.
- The Internet utilizes the 9-5 hidden daypart.
- The ability to reach people interactively ... while they are at work.
- Local reach
- Convergent on-air/online packages
- Flexibility in delivering your Ad Campaign - exclusive sponsorships, content integration, streaming video and desktop applications
- Performance-based marketing opportunities
- Exclusive sponsorships - integrating your message within applicable content
- Integrated content sponsorships (including Chats, Forums and Polls)
- Content targeting News, Weather, Sports, Auto, Entertainment, Business and Consumer, Health, Community and more
- Targeted Outbound Email Campaigns (HTML)
- Interstitials and streaming video delivery
- Delivery to wireless devices
- Desktop Application sponsorships
- Navigation bar text links
- Header position graphics
- Contests and Registration
- On-Air Support
- 120 X 60 Tile Ads
- And many more ways to meet your advertising needs!
We offer advertising opportunities that will:
- Reach thousands of local people per day in a more intimate and interactive forum.
- Allow you to advertise 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Allow your business to build a customer database of customers interested in your products and services!
NBC29 Sales Team
Regional Sales Manager
22 years with NBC29
National Sales Manager
4 years with NBC29
19 years with NBC29
28 years with NBC29
26 years with NBC29
2 years with NBC29