NBC29.com Commenting PolicyPosted: Updated:
- All comments are moderated. No comment will appear on the site without first being reviewed. While we attempt to moderate comments as soon as they come in, there will be times when there is a delay. Comments are typically reviewed faster during business hours. Moderation can be less frequent in the evening and on weekends. Be patient, if it doesn’t violate the rules, your comment will appear; it just may take longer at times.
- Be considerate. Name calling, personal attacks, racism, bigotry, misogyny or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- No cursing. Use of any of the curse words and/or slurs we have on our blacklist will automatically flag the comment for moderators. Sometimes these words are used as part of a good discussion and not directed toward others. These comments will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Stay on topic. If your post does not address the article or relate to it in some context, it will be removed.
- We do not edit posts. We do not edit posts for any reason. You may write a thoughtful and insightful post but, if it includes name calling, the entire post will be removed.
- No trolling. If you post a deliberately offensive or provocative comment with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them, your post will be deleted. Continued offenses will result in being permanently banned.
- No serial flagging. We encourage you to flag a post that violates our terms of service, contains spam or offensive language. However, flagging because you don't agree with someone is unacceptable.
- No links allowed. Due to the risk of potential security issues, links will not be allowed.
- English only. We do not have the time or resources to translate foreign language posts.
The following are not allowed on Disqus in general, and we abide by their rules. If you commit any of the following, your post will be removed and you will be reported to Disqus:
- Targeted harassment and encouraging others to do so.
- Direct threat of harm.
- Posting personally identifiable information.
- Inappropriate profile content