Quantcast

Three People Rescued from Early Morning Kitchen Fire

Posted: Updated:

Firefighters in Waynesboro rescued 3 residents from the second floor of their apartment while a fire burned in the kitchen downstairs.

Emergency crews responded to the apartment at 1001 Hopeman Parkway at around 6:30 a.m. on June 18. 

Firefighters used thermal imaging cameras to locate an 18-month-old boy, a woman, and an unconscious man in the bedrooms upstairs. All three were safely removed from the apartment and treated on the scene.

Investigators say the fire started from a cooking pan that was left unattended on the stove. 

Waynesboro Fire Department Press Release: