7th Trial Delay Granted for Accused Flight Attendant
Emergency crews on scene at CHO
Facebook photo posted by Justin Cox-Sever
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - A federal judge in North Dakota has granted a seventh trial delay for a flight attendant accused of disrupting SkyWest flights in the upper Midwest and on the East Coast last year.
Justin Cox-Sever was to stand trial next week - a year after his original trial was scheduled. Federal prosecutors said they needed more time to work with their counterparts in Virginia, where the Arizona man also faces charges. They also said ongoing protests against the Dakota Access oil pipeline are "consuming significant time and attention."
U.S. District Judge Daniel Hovland has moved the trial to Jan. 31.
Cox-Sever is accused of making bogus bomb threats on a flight from Charlottesville, Virginia, to Chicago, and on a flight from Minneapolis to Dickinson, North Dakota.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Sign Up for Email Alerts
Sign up to receive news, weather, and breaking news emails from the NBC29 newsroom in your inbox daily.