Quantcast

Louisa County House Fire Claims Two Lives

Posted: Updated: Oct 09, 2016 05:26 PM
Crews on the scene of the house fire. Crews on the scene of the house fire.
LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WVIR) -

Firefighters believe a kerosene heater sparked a house fire that killed two people early Sunday morning in Louisa County.

Fire Chief Keith Greene tells NBC29 crews could not enter the home on Bibb Store Road when they arrived around 2 a.m. Sunday, because the fire was at a full blaze.

It took about 20 minutes for responders to get inside, where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

A mother and her two-year-old son escaped by breaking out a window.

Greene says the preliminary investigation shows a kerosene heater may have caused the fire.