Councilors May Vote on Parking Meters for Downtown CharlottesvillePosted: Updated: Apr 16, 2016 11:54 AM
Street parking along 5th Street NE in downtown Charlottesville
Sign for two hour parking in downtown Charlottesville
Charlottesville City Council is moving forward with a pilot program for 157 metered parking spaces around the Downtown Mall. How do you feel council should address the parking situation?
Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far:
- Keep street parking free.
- 709 votes
- Add more parking downtown.
- 269 votes
- Implement metered spaces.
- 64 votes
- Make changes to public transit.
- 17 votes
- Implement park and ride system.
- 34 votes
- None of the above.
- 15 votes
- 16 votes
- RELATED: Continuing Coverage: Downtown Mall Parking Issues
Councilors May Vote on Parking Meters for Downtown CharlottesvilleMore>>