Charlottesville fire officials are trying to figure out what sparked a two-alarm fire inside a duplex.
Fire crews were called just after 7 a.m. Monday to the home in the 700 block of Prospect Avenue. It took about an hour to put out the smoky blaze.
Fire officials believe it started in the back of the duplex, affecting both units.
"Once units got on the scene they realized that they had the back of two duplexes that were involved heavy in fire, fire fighters got inside very quickly search for occupants, found no one,” said Battalion Chief Richard Jones with the Charlottesville Fire Department.
No one was hurt but two families are displaced due to the damage.
Sign Up for Email Alerts
Sign up to receive NBC29 news and weather updates in your inbox daily.