Quantcast

Fire Damages Home on Carrsbrook Drive - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

Fire Damages Home on Carrsbrook Drive

Posted: Updated:
Albemarle County Fire Rescue Press Release

At 13:03 hours on May 16, 2014 units responded to 220 Carrsbrook Drive for the report of a structure fire.

First unit arrived on scene at 13:08 hours and found a kitchen fire that had been extinguished prior to arrival. There were two civilians with slight burns as a result of this fire with no firefighters being injured.

The cause of this fire was a pan with grease on the stovetop that began to burn; the fire extended to the microwave and kitchen cabinets. There was a smoke alarm in the residence but it was not working at the time of the fire.

The Fire Marshal’s office estimates the loss from this fire at $2,500.00.

Any questions can be directed to Assistant Fire Marshal Mel Bishop.

Units responding to the fire were Ivy Fire Rescue, Seminole Volunteer Fire Department, Hollymead Fire Rescue, Medic 8, BC 11 and Albemarle County Fire Marshal’s Office.

The Fire Marshal’s Office would like to remind everyone to be careful when frying with grease on a stovetop. If the pan catches on fire place a top or cover on the pan and remove from the heat source. Please be safe.
  • Sign Up for Email Alerts

    Sign up to receive NBC29 news and weather updates in your inbox daily.

    * denotes required fields



    Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WVIR. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.