A foul smell interrupted class at Agnor Hurt Elementary School in Albemarle County Monday morning.
Shortly after 8 a.m., an employee noticed a smell of gas and called 911. Albemarle County police and fire crews responded and the school was evacuated.
The all clear was given shortly after. It turns out the bathroom facilities hadn't been properly maintained over the weekend and it was creating a smell that was confused with natural gas.
Sign up to receive NBC29 news and weather updates in your inbox daily.