Albemarle County Fire Rescue Press Release
At 1732 hrs on March 3, 2014 units responded to 280 Homestead Lane for the report of a residential structure fire.
Units arrived on scene at 1736 hrs and found fire showing from the roof of a single family dwelling. Fire crews worked to extinguish a fire in the attic and the chimney chase.
There were no civilian or firefighter injuries as a result of the fire. The family will be staying at a local hotel and did not require assistance.
The cause of the fire is a malfunctioning chimney.
The Fire Marshal’s office estimates the loss for this fire at $27,500. Any questions can be directed to Assistant Fire Marshal Shawn Maddox.
Units responding to the fire were Monticello Fire Rescue, Seminole Trail Volunteer Fire Department, Ivy Fire Rescue, Charlottesville Fire Department, Albemarle County Fire Rescue, Albemarle Fire Corps and the Albemarle County Fire Marshal’s Office.