Fire Crews Respond to Two-Alarm Chimney Fire in Gordonsville
Harrington Road in Gordonsville
ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va (WVIR) -
A two-alarm chimney fire forced a Gordonsville family out of their home for several hours Saturday night.
Fire crews say the flames spread between the first and second floor of the home on Harrington Road.
Firefighters say a dirty chimney may have caused of the blaze.
"It's not extensive damage, but there is some damage because we had to remove some sheet rock and some insulation to make sure we could get to the seed of the fire," said East Rivanna Fire Chief Calvin Butler.
Crews spent the evening using thermal imaging cameras to check the temperature inside the homes walls.
A dry chemical fire extinguisher was also used to make sure there were no flames in the chimney.
No injuries were reported.
Fire Crews Respond to Two-Alarm Chimney Fire in GordonsvilleMore>>