Wanda Turner Murder Trial Day 2

Posted: Updated:
Wanda Turner Wanda Turner
Robert "Eddie" Snead Robert "Eddie" Snead

The first-degree murder trial of Wanda Turner entered day two of testimony Tuesday. Turner is accused of murdering Robert “Eddie” Snead at his home on Fairway Avenue in Charlottesville in 2012.

The prosecution is presented surveillance footage showing Turner and Snead at a convenience store in Charlottesville not long before he was killed. A sergeant Turner worked with when she was a Jefferson Area Drug Enforcement (JADE) informant testified that, in the video, Turner and Snead were participating in a drug deal.

But much of what’s coming out in court has to do with what Turner did after Snead was killed. Turner deleted text messages sent to girlfriend Karen Nash after having a fight with Snead, but those texts were recovered and brought into evidence.

A digital forensics specialist confirmed that on March 4, 2012, Turner sent text messages to Nash that read "Don't tell them where I went," "Watch the news and see what it says," and even one that asked if Nash was trying to set her up.

There was also a text message that showed Turner was trying to get out of town and make her way to New York City. She was arrested in Norfolk.

Tuesday, for the first time, the jury had a chance to see items from the crime scene that were recovered from a dumpster, including a blood-stained screwdriver and a bent, blood-stained knife.

According to court documents, Nash is also the person who told police that Turner confessed to killing Snead, saying "she snapped." Prosecutors said Snead suffered 26 blunt force injuries to his head, but say it was a stab wound to the neck that killed him.

The trial will resume at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Charlottesville Circuit Court.

  • Sign Up for Email Alerts

    Sign up to receive news, weather, and breaking news emails from the NBC29 newsroom in your inbox daily.

    * denotes required fields

    Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email shortly.