Money raised from the raffle will support animal medical care at the Charlottesville Albemarle SPCA.
Animal statues decorated by local artists are part of the second annual Cats and Dogs Around Town raffle.
Raffle tickets cost $10 and the money raised will support animal medical care at the Charlottesville Albemarle SPCA.
The raffle ticket can be purchased from the stores displaying the statues.
The 2nd Annual Dogs and Cats Around Town Raffle to Benefit the Animals at the SPCA is Underway
Charlottesville, Virginia: The Dogs & Cats Around Town are back! For the second year in a row, a dozen dog and cat statues, lovingly decorated by local artists, are gracing the storefronts of local retail locations, all to benefit the animals at the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA. Raffle tickets to win one of these colorful, larger-than-life creations are available for purchase from the retail location housing each statue or also online at caspca.org. Tickets are $10 each or three for $20. All the monies raised will go to support medical care for the animals at the SPCA.
Event organizer Cynthia Viejo says, "I am so excited for everyone to see the creativity demonstrated in these works of art for the second annual Dogs & Cats Around Town raffle. The artists really went all out—from paint to collage and papier-mâché—abstract or realistic, the statues are so fun! This fundraiser brings together my three passions: supporting local business, local artists and of course, the animals. The hope is to increase traffic at local businesses and support local art, all while raising funds for the animals. It truly is a win-win for everyone involved."
Participating artists and businesses include:
1. "His Majesty" by Railey Cooley is located at Scarpa in the Barracks Road Shopping Center.
2. "Flora" by Kellie Carter is located at Albemarle Bakery at 418 West Main Street.
3. "Batik" by Nicole Willson is located at The Virginia Shop in the Barracks Road Shopping Center.
4. "Captain Jelly Cat" by Laura Tanis is located at Natalie Dressed at 1051 Millmont Street.
5. "Hermosa" by Chicho Lorenzo is located at The Happy Cook in the Barracks Road Shopping Center.
6. "Cat Dog" by Lynne Goldman is located Lynne Goldman Elements on the Downtown Mall.
7. "Charlotte Seville" by Richard Bednar is located at C'Ville Coffee on 1301 Harris Street.
8. "Aquarius" by Marcia Grove is located at New Dominion Book Shop on the Downtown Mall.
9. "Mischief" by Denise Hood is located at Snows Garden Center at 1875 Avon Street Extended.
10. "Cowgirl Smiles" by Deborah Morrow is located at Cavalier Diner on 1403 Emmet Street.
11. "Pussy Willow" by Michelle Geiger is located at The Cat House on the Downtown Mall.
12. "Lovely" by Catherine Crisler is located at Jean Theory on the Downtown Mall.
Statues will remain in their respective local business locations until Saturday, June 29th, when the winners will be drawn. To learn more about the artists and the inspiration for their creations, please check them out at www.caspca.org or follow us on Facebook.
The mission of the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for the lost, abandoned, and homeless animals of the City of Charlottesville and the County of Albemarle and to increase the number of these animals being placed in appropriate, loving, and permanent homes through adoptions, foster care, and outreach, and to set a standard of excellence and leadership in shelter animal care, humane education, and progressive animal welfare programs.
For more information about the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA call 434-973-5959 or visit www.caspca.org. The SPCA's main adoption center is located at 3355 Berkmar Drive in Charlottesville and is open seven days a week from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Sign Up for Email Alerts
Sign up to receive NBC29 news and weather updates in your inbox daily.