Quantcast

Space Heater Causes Stonehenge Avenue Fire - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

Space Heater Causes Stonehenge Avenue Fire

Posted: Updated:

Charlottesville Fire Department
MEDIA RELEASE

City of Charlottesville Fire units were dispatched at approximately 3:20 PM to 708 Stonehenge Avenue for the report of smoke in structure.

Upon arrival, units discovered light smoke showing from the structure. After further investigation, a small fire in the basement was discovered. The fire originated from cardboard that was under a space heater in the basement.

The fire was quickly extinguished with no extension to the residence. The residence was ventilated by units on scene. The fire was investigated by the City Fire Marshal's office.

The rapid response and quick actions of the units on scene prevented this from being a larger incident. There were no injuries to civilians or firefighters on the scene. The residence is still able to be occupied by the owner.

For more information, contact Battalion Chief Richard Jones of the Charlottesville Fire Department.

  1. A former University of Virginia associate dean who is facing federal child porn charges is expected to plead guilty on Monday.
Full Story
  1. A former University of Virginia associate dean who is facing federal child porn charges is expected to plead guilty on Monday.
Full Story
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WVIR. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.