House Fire Leaves Augusta Family Homeless - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

House Fire Leaves Augusta Family Homeless

Posted: Updated:

A family of four is homeless after a house fire in Augusta County.

Crews responded to the fire in Mount Sidney Tuesday night just after 9 p.m.

Homeowners Noel and Theresa Thomas, along with their two children, managed to escape the fire without harm. However, one of the family's cats is unaccounted for.

Firefighters say the fire started with a basement electrical panel, and that flames quickly spread and the main floor collapsed into the basement.

A nearby church is asking people to donate to the family. For more information, click here.

Reported by Tara Todd.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WVIR. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.