Fire crews in Waynesboro battled a blaze Tuesday that heavily damaged a home.
Firefighters were called to a home at 360 Edward Avenue around 4:30 Tuesday afternoon. They arrived to find smoke pouring from the windows.
Residents were not inside the home at the time. But two dogs were, one of them died, the other is being treated by a vet.
Investigators believe the fire started in the basement electrical panel and then spread to the main floor.
The damage to the house is estimated to cost $25,000.