Albemarle County Press Release
DATE: July 2, 2012
CONTACT: Lee Catlin, Assistant to the County Executive
EMERGENCY FOOD OPTIONS AVAILABLE
The storm has caused extensive power outages and many have lost large amounts of food. Area organizations are offering emergency food options for those who need it.
- Emergency Food -- 979-9180. Call between 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon for ordering and pick up instructions.
- Harris Street Food Bank -- 296-3663.
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (closed on Wed).
Between 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. is the best time to come by.
- Meals on Wheels -- 293-4364.
- Daily Food Kitchens -- 972-1703.
- Fluvanna -- 842-2521.
- Nelson -- 263-6923.
- Salvation Army Public Meals -- 295-4058.