Crunchy chicken fingers with tangy dipping sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
½ tsp reduced-sodium crab seasoning (or substitute ¼ tsp paprika and ¼ tsp garlic powder for a sodium-free alternative)
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp whole-wheat flour
12 oz boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into 12 strips
2 tbsp fat-free (skim) milk
1 egg white (or substitute 2 Tbsp egg white substitute)
3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup 100 percent orange juice
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp deli mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Mix crab seasoning, pepper, and flour in a bowl.
- Add chicken strips, and toss well to coat evenly.
- Combine milk and egg white in a separate bowl, and mix well. Pour over seasoned chicken, and toss well.
- Place crushed cornflakes in a separate bowl. Dip each chicken strip into the cornflakes, and coat well. Place strips on a nonstick baking sheet. (Discard any leftover cornflake mixture.
- Bake chicken strips for 10–12 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 165 ºF).
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients and mixing well.
- Serve three chicken strips with ¼ cup dipping sauce.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.